30 January 2007

Underwater Marriage Proposal!

I met Josh Ginsberg on my morning dive (same one with Mr. Shark, see below) and asked if I would be available in the afternoon. What for? "I'm going to ask my girlfriend to marry me on the afternoon dive" says he. That was way too cool for me to pass up.

Off we go, things are off to a slow start as the usual current over Reef de Paraiso is either uncooperative or missing. Anyway, off to the water we go, though I was introduced to the lovely lady (I'm sorry I don't recall her name) I hadn't made any mention about the camera or what was up. Big surprise, you see. I planned to play it cool on the reef until I saw something was up and then casually approach while getting photos.

The set-up was near perfect. Josh writes on his brand new slate "I love you more than anything in the world" and shows it to her. (I take a picture.) He takes the slate back as she looks at me confused... What is up with this photographer? and writes on the other side "Will you marry me? YES NO" with circle one implied. Of course she circled YES and he pulls out a ring, fits it to her finger, they hug, even pull out their regulators and kiss!! (really sweet) and are spending the whole dive together holding hands. I can't begin to imagine what she's thinking all this time.

The reef was asleep other than that, the really fun stuff like pelagics, eels and scorpionfish just weren't around today. But for one happy couple this will be a dive never to forget! I burned a disc of all the day's photos and gave them a copy of these great memories.

No comments: