08 October 2009

Kicked Off the Team

I am rarely pushed to such measures, but where safety is concerned such actions are necessary. One of the divers with us this week is what I'd call "below par." Not in terms of equipment or fitness or even training... but in technique and safety awareness. I was not the only one with this feeling, but I was "voted" to be the Bad Cop: the one to talk to Connie about it.

And so it was. Connie traded the team members a bit for our two dives today and it made a difference in terms of our comfort and enjoyment. Sorry if I seem an ass, but when safety is in question I don't cut corners... or take unwarranted risks. If those unwarranted risks come in the form of a diver who doesn't know what he/she is doing, then I'm not diving with them. Simple as that.

No comments: